Navajo Rug Pages:
Oriental Rug Pages:
Navajo Rug Appraisals, Oriental Rug Appraisal Services
Navajo rugs and Oriental rugs are so specialized that you need a qualified, credentialed appraiser.
- WE DON'T BUY OR SELL RUGS. Our business is the appraisal of Navajo rugs, Oriental rugs and American Indian weavings - not buying or selling so there is no conflict of interest. It is duplicitous for any appraiser to appraise an item and then offer to buy it. We don't do that so therefore I can objectively determine the value of your rug. No other appraiser is in the position of being so fully immersed in the Navajo rug and Oriental rug business that does not buy or sell rugs. Because of this, you receive an accurate and objective appraisal.
- I am in the unique position of being able to examine a multitude of Navajo rugs and Oriental rugs and other weavings from around the world. I examine a varying and constant flow of all types of rugs and I have the opportunity to inspect, research and study them. That gives me a tremendous advantage over a normal Indian arts dealer or Oriental rug dealer who, for the most part, looks at the same rugs day after day. Because of this unique situation, I can accurately determine the type, origin, age and value of your Navajo rugs, Oriental rugs, American Indian weavings or other area rugs. Therefore, you receive correct information.
- I do business with many Indian arts dealers and Oriental rug dealers across the country and regularly survey their inventories. I can observe the quality, condition and asking price of rugs because I do regular business with these retail dealers. The knowledge gained this way aids greatly in the appraisal your Navajo rugs or Oriental rugs. Your valuations will be accurate.
- I regularly travel to markets, trade shows, and auctions to analyze the market trends in Navajo rugs and Oriental rugs. Again this knowledge is very valuable when I appraise your rugs. Again, you receive accurate valuations.
- EXPERIENCE. I have nearly 4 decades as a rug appraiser with quality experience in the field of evaluating and appraising Navajo rugs and Oriental rugs and I perform hundreds of written and verbal appraisals each year. I possess a thorough knowledge of antique, old, new and contemporary rugs of all kinds. I almost certainly have appraised a rug similar to yours, have data readily available and can complete your appraisal quickly and competently.
- Because, for 38 years, we repaired and restored rugs, I can evaluate the technical characteristics of your rugs as well as the esthetic aspects. I know how condition plays a factor in value because I know what it costs to restore the rug. Again, you get accurate results.
- There are many ways to cover up defects to deceive the buyer but, because of my experience and knowledge, I can see if a rug has been poorly repaired or tricked up in any way. For example, I can tell when a rug has been bleached to remove dye run or when it has been shortened or mended improperly or when a newer rug has been deceitfully made to look old. I am not fooled by the "tricks of the trade."
- I am familiar with the fakes, reproductions and imitations of Navajo rugs and Oriental rugs. I can identify them based on a number of factors including the materials and the construction of the rugs. If it is not what you think it is, I can determine what it truly is and what value it may have. Your rugs will be correctly identified.
- I charge a flat fee for appraisals, not a fee based on the item's value. If extra research is needed for a complete appraisal, there is no added charge for my time to do so. You pay for the appraiser's knowledge - not the lack thereof, thereby saving you additional expenses.
- My rug appraisals follow Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) and International Valuation Standards. Your appraisal will hold up under scrutiny.
Please contact us for charges. (520-790-1871) Email email@example.com
In a written appraisal, I document each rug and I note the origin, category, type or regional area as well as the construction and materials and the condition of each rug with specifics. Included is a photo, a description of the design and a list of the number of colors along with other pertinent information including the age of the rug. I also look for comparable sales and includee those as we. Depending on your needs and the items themselves, I base the valuation on the current replacement value (usually it is the US retail market) as that is usually the most useful figure. A separate computer generated page for each rug is provided. These pages are bound along with a transmittal letter in an 8 1/2 x 11 inch booklet and mailed to you. I keep the digital photos, notes and a digital copy of the appraisal so a new original copy can be produced if needed in the future. Nothing is discarded so that no one can rummage through the trash cans to discover who you are and what you have. For your security, all the appraisal work is done in my office and no part of it is done by anyone other than myself. The appraisals that I provide are incontrovertible, follow USPAP (Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice) and ISV (International Valuation Standards) protocals and will hold up under any scrutiny.
I now offer certified written appraisals using your photos and information that you can send via e-mail or regular mail. This is particularly appropriate when geographic distance is an issue.
I am also available to travel to your city for on-site appraisals. Please call to make arrangements.
$40.00 for up to 2 rugs and $15.00 for each rug thereafter. Payment can be made with Visa, Mastercard, Discover, Paypal (account name: rugvalue@yahoo) and checks.
In lieu of a written appraisal, I can provide a verbal appraisal using your photos. Please include the approximate sizes of each rug and your phone number. Upon examination of the photos, I can call you to discuss the rugs, providing much of the same information as in the written appraisal along with how the rug or the rug's design might fit into history. I can also advise as to how you might best sell your rugs and what you might expect to net if that is what you are considering. If you prefer, you can call. The cost for a verbal appraisal is
Please understand that a verbal appraisal is not an "e-mail appraisal." That is, it does not include an e-mail review of our conversation. That would fall under the category of a written appraisal for which detailed documentation would be provided. Please contact me with any questions. (520-790-1871) Email firstname.lastname@example.org
$40.00 for up to 2 rugs and $15.00 thereafter.
If you are looking only to determine the authenticity of a rug, I can do that by way of viewing photos in the same way as a verbal appraisal. I can determine if the rug is authentic, if it is a fake and I can determine the true origin of the rug. Upon viewing the photos, I can call you or, if you prefer, you can call me toll free. The cost for authentication is
Appraisers National Association
Certified Accredited Appraiser
National Association of Professional Appraisers
ASSOCIATION of ONLINE APPRAISERS
NEW ENGLAND APPRAISERS ASSOCIATION
Please contact me for your Navajo rug appraisal, Oriental rug appraisals or other rug appraisal.
Go to our page detailing our various appraisal services.